header

header

5.15.2008

My Poor Blog...

Always the first to get bumped, this poor blog has been neglected since last week! I haven't forgotten about you, but these Mother's Day orders really had me jumping. I was beginning to think I'd bitten off more than I could chew when, suddenly, a light at the end of the tunnel. I will send off my last Mother's Day order today (a bit late, but you kids need to plan ahead and not order the week of the holiday! :)

Anyway, we got some new neighbors yesterday! Two families with 5 kids between them moved in on the same day and we are so excited! Helper Munchkin and I went on a baking spree to welcome them and here are the fruits of our labor:


Snickerdoodles (who doesn't love those?), Black and White cookies, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip!

I found this peanut butter recipe online when I was blog-hopping a few weeks ago and I was intrigued...cookies with no flour! I have had the recipe sitting on the counter since then because I couldn't believe it. They taste of peanut butter and molasses since there is so much brown sugar, and I think the eggs bind them enough to make a proper cookie. So, if you have a friend who is gluten intolerant this may be the recipe for you:

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir together brown sugar and baking soda then add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in chips and bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 mins.

In other news, Wacky Wednesday hits Pittsburgh in a big way resulting in teachers with their clothes inside out, children wearing several hats at once, girls' hair sticking out at odd angles and this:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! A gluten free cookie recipe couldn't have come at a better time! Thank you so much! I have a friend that lives on a gluten free diet, and has been craving a peanut butter cookie forever! This will make her day!
    That is a great picture, by the way. I miss them so much. :(

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work