header

header

12.10.2009

My Kitchen Window - Paper Snowflake Decor Part II

We talked about how I change up my kitchen window,seasonally, when I shared my natural fall decor last month. Now, it's time to show off our winter change that is equally inexpensive but packs a colorful punch!

Who said snowflakes had to be white?

You can see my new Ikea bottles standing in until my Limoncello is ready. Spray paint some dead twigs white and use some colorful scrapbook papers to make fun and colorful snowflakes. Hang on the branches for a fun display!






We had a fun linky party last week, and I wanted to share a few of my faves.

Shelly, from Surviving Munchkinland showed us how to make the cool hand stamped washer necklaces I've seen everywhere!



Sam's Mom knows I have a soft spot for a cozy scarf, and taught us how to make this no-sew version:



And finally, Mama Thompson worked out a glass block nativity that just GLOWS!



My next linky party is scheduled for next Thursday, December 17th! My soul sisters and I have planned our Christmas party the day before and we've decided to give hand made Christmas ornaments as gifts to each other this year! Oh, I can't wait to show you we all come up with and I want to invite you to show us YOURS! So, link up next week with your own Christmas ornament ideas right here!

14 comments:

  1. I love your snowflakes, how fun! My kids would really enjoy all the different colors.
    The etched Nativity Scene is gorgeous, thanks for linking and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house always looks fantastic. Love that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Jennifer :) I wish I could show you the finished ones I'm doing for Christmas!!! Seriously, etsy supplies, a little beading and I've got adorable necklaces for under $5! Love all the snow flakes!!! We just had a branch fall yesterday from All 15 inches of our snow...hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE your snowflakes! I have to admit though I can't even come close to making mine look like yours! Any chance you would post some pictures of how you fold your paper or make those beautiful cuts? My kids loved your hanging display of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Courtney, I'll work on it for you and try to post tomorrow!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute Idea. Love the snowflakes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love how they look when the sun shines through them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I made some with my little sis and sprayed them with colored glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I just watched ELF a day or 2 ago and thought how beautiful it would be to have snowflakes everywhere - yours looks great! Time to get out the paper and scissors....

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, just beautiful! I am in love with your snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just like you to make NON-White snowflakes! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those snowflakes are GORGEOUS! That Jennifer, she's so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work