header

header

1.06.2011

It's 2 O'Clock - Let's Shop! New Year's Resolutions

Is your New Year's Resolution to get in shape? Yeah, mine too. In fact, it seems that lots and lots of people have this goal!

Though I exercise regularly, it's hard to get motivated to leave the house when it's cold and snowy out there. The one fitness item that I can say I use regularly for at-home workouts is my stability ball, like this Yellow Studio Series Ball from BodySport:

When I work out with my own ball at home I like to follow this Stability Ball Workout from Fitness Magazine. There is an exercise for every part of your body here. I ripped this workout from their magazine years ago and still refer back to my crinkled and worn copy!

I would recommend doing this workout in front of the TV while watching whatever guilty pleasure reality show your family hates...like the Kardashians or The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills!

.

9 comments:

  1. You should check out www.bodyrock.tv I use it all the time for home workouts. She uses very little equipment and her workouts are short (but intense.) She is a little hardcore but I have gotten into great shape all at home, I cancelled my gym membership over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - what a great find! Thanks for sharing!

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My midwife recommended to sit on these while I was pregnant with my twins. I loved to bounce on them - and I had a very easy, natural birth, though I don´t know if these bouncy balls were actually to blame for it :)
    Now I got rid of them, because said twins loved to play football with them in my dining room... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need balls. I'm afraid that I'd hurt my old self on one though. It really looks like a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just added "buy a ball" to my to do list!

    My boss has one - it's pretty funny trying to have a conversation with him when he's on it. But, it certainly keeps the conversation light :)

    I keep joking that I want a pink one. Hasn't happened. I think I need to take care of that myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pounding along on my treadmill ... whilst watching the cooking channel! ...

    I have to say that my treadmill is one of the best purchases I've ever made. It sure as heck wasn't cheap..but, I've had it years...and it gets used many times a week. I would like to make it daily ...in winter. In summer...well, it gets dusty ... i'm outside gardening..golfing and walking....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a stability ball at home, but I use one just about every time I go to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stability balls are wonderful, I just recently starting using one and WOW! One of my favorite exercises is to use a 5lb ball and make the alphabet. HOlding my arms stretched in front of me I start with a huge letter 'A' then bring the ball back to my chest - stretch out and make a 'B' and then keep going. It's amazing the different muscles that works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just commenting about this same thing on someone else's blog. It cracks me up...going to the gym the last few weeks. So many newbie-I-want-to-get-in-shape people. LOL. Many will disappear, but for that stay, more power to you. We need to be taking better care of ourselves. I run a lot - it helps me eat whatever I want still and maintain my weight. LOL. The best of both worlds.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work