header

header

6.06.2011

Summer Slushy, Icee, Freezee...



Kimba was waxing nostalgic this week about her memories of Coke Icee's. Her post led me to Bake at 350 for a new kind of "recipe" for my ice cream maker!

I have to admit, I haven't used my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker much lately, but with the warmer weather hitting Pittsburgh, it really felt like summer this week. This recipe was right up my alley for fun summer fun:

Coke Slushy


Ingredients:

Cold Coke...the end.

Directions:

Pour Coke into frozen bowl of ice cream maker and turn on...the end.



For the next 20 minutes you should stick your nose in the hole and sniff...then sneak a spoon to taste test it...then bounce up and down and beg mom to "Pullleeezzze let us eat it!"



Scoop into fun snow cone cups (I found these super cheap at either Target or Walmart last season) and lounge on the back porch with your frozen treat...



Do you want to teach me something? Come on back tomorrow to link up with Tutorial Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. YUM!!!

    I'm all ready for Tutorial Tuesday
    ;->

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!

    Incidentally, we have the EXACT same patio furniture.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm.... that screams summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!

    And...we just got a Cuisinart ice cream maker for our wedding and we haven't broken it in yet!

    I think we might try Orange Crush!
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!!!! I haven't used our little ice cream maker but once. I think the recipe I used was awful, so I got turned off. Need to try again! You can't get any easier than pouring Coke in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you! I haven't been here in FOR.EVER. Eek! Life. Ya' know?! But I am glad I stopped by today as I am about to pull out the ice cream maker. Right now. My kiddos will love this.
    How are you and your brood? Great, I hope. Enjoy your summer and shoot me a message if you head this way. K?! :)

    xo*tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the kids go to bed...you have to try this with a margarita! Super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I can't believe I didn't think to do this. A frozen coke machine is on my to buy list if I ever get rich. :) Why wait, I just need to pull out the icecream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! I can't believe I didn't think to do this. A frozen coke machine is on my to buy list if I ever get rich. :) Why wait, I just need to pull out the icecream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What?! It's that easy? I'm doing this today :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work